Thursday, October 13, 2011

More excited than ever

After writing just a couple of days, I've narrowed down my thought processes to a single pursuit.  I want to express my feelings on motherhood, makeup, dresses, and all that makes being a woman so fantastic.  I think we women often feel pressure to prove our equality to men or ourselves, and I truly believe we go about it the wrong way.  It took me a long time to see that the value in myself as a mother, partner and homemaker would always outweigh the value in any sales number i could ever produce at work.  Maybe because society tells us that that kind of work is beneath us, or oppressive to us.  Though I once bought into the same theory, I have come to realize how truly special I am to be a woman and the power I hold in the exact things that make me different from men.  Check out my other blog (http://www.1950swannabe.blogspot.com/) to really see how I want and will view myself.  I want to show my Bear how important woman are and can be when they embrace themselves instead of forcing themselves to be all things.  I hope she listens better than I did.  I believe my mother carried a lot of these values and lived by them.  I remember deliberating wanting to choose a different lifestyle when I was just starting out.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with women who work full time jobs and take care of their families, too.  I must say, you have more energy than me.  I tried it and did it for a long period of time.  It's just not for me.  I am so happy that I can finally be honest with myself and I have matured past the need to prove otherwise to anyone.  I feel very fortunate to be able to embrace me.

No comments:

Post a Comment